Become a Mentor – TODAY
"As a mentor through the Aspire Foundation, I am humbled listening and learning about the great work my mentee is doing. I just listen to her incredible experience and her desire to make a change. I realize how much I can offer her with just listening and the skills I have that, perhaps I take for granted. She’s already a hero in my eyes. This program is so rewarding."
Vikki Leach, Global Director Corporate Citizenship, Avanade Inc.
The Objective –
The Aspire Foundation virtual mentoring program partners the expertise and experience of women and men in the business and corporate world with ‘MAD’- 'Making A Difference' women in charities and social enterprises that are impacting women and girls.
Our mentoring program is inspiring and time-efficient with the commitment of just 1 hour a month for 6 months over the phone or Skype. You will be able to choose your mentee based on your areas of passion and where you can make a difference. It provides the opportunity for mentees to discuss work based challenges and gain new perspectives from a mentor in the business world, have an external sounding board, listener, supporter and advocate from the business world and helps to increase confidence, skills and network. Mentors are women and men from all levels in corporations and small businesses and come from organisations as broad as Avanade, Morgan Stanley, Centrica, Ford Motor Company, AstraZeneca and Unilever.
The Benefits –
- Beyond doing your day job, the satisfaction of making a difference by helping an aspiring woman in a charity or social enterprise achieve her goals in a simple, time efficient and practical way.
- Share some of your life and business experience and provide a listening ear - it doesn't take much to make a big difference to someone.
- Learn from and be inspired by your mentee who is out in the world making a difference to others.
- Gain access to regular complimentary mentoring skills training sessions run by Aspire to further improve your mentoring skills and provide support (you do NOT have to be the best mentor in the world to apply!).
- Be part of a new global network of business women and men giving back and making a difference.
There is no cost in becoming an Aspire Foundation mentor. The commitment is one hour per month for 6 months be telephone or Skype plus 1 hour of training.
“I got a lot from mentoring [my mentee] and particularly from mentoring someone from a different culture. What I valued most from the programme was feeling like I might in some small way be helping improve [my mentee's] quality of life.” - Rebecca Sinnatt, Sales Manager, IBM